Saturday, September 19, 2009

Juneau, the first day


These photos are on Facebook, but Mom can't get to Facebook. Yet. This is the view from the tram up to Mt Roberts. You can see the cruise ship in town, it dwarfs the city.

Here's me at the top of the peak!

This is my obligatory glacier pic. Mendenhall was looking good-- with lots of ice chunks in the river this year. More than I usually have seen.

Fourth photo down is a photo of GLACIER ice. Iphone didn't really do it justice, but it was filled with tiny cracks and crystalline looking edges.
Last photo is the walkway up to Thunder Mountain HS. I like the way the walkway echoes the idea of a river leading up to the school. They are doing a yearbook at this school this year, which is great! I was worried, but there are two enthusiastic girls who will do a good job.

No comments: