Saturday, September 19, 2009

the Alaskan


This photo is from the Alaskan's website. It's very cute from the front, and has awesome woodwork inside. The Alaskan hotel opened in 1913. It's been renovated, but the back entrance reveals the underpinnings, I guess you could say.

This first photo is of the parking lot, with the stairways down to the back entrance that I used. The hotel is the grayish building on the right.

These are the awesome and relatively safe-feeling stairs that access an apartment building and the hotel. They were more intimidating when I first arrived at 10pm on Thursday, but no big deal in the daylight. And once I got the code to open the door figured out.

I liked the Alaskan-- because it's right downtown, easy to walk all over. It's a little loud at night-- but just a dull roar. It only kept me up when I woke up at 2am on Friday night, and by 2:40 they were closing up the bar and the band had stopped playing.

I'm thinking I will either visit the Prospector next time or go back to the lovely Silverbow.

No comments: