Thursday, March 19, 2009

NYC

I know Mom wants to see pictures- and I will post some soon. This is
iPhone blogging, water-logged iPhone with no camera.
We went on a marathon walk today! It was awesome. My feet are dead,
like lumps of mush on the ends of my legs, but I think it was worth it.
We took the subway down to 51st, walked through Rockefeller center- I
visited my favorite French bookstore. It is closing this year! Their
lease is up and it would be $1million a year to rent. Geez. I don't
think they sell enough Balzac to pay for that. I got a little book on
sale for $2. When I purchased it, the lady spoke in French to me. And
I did, too. It came back to me pretty well.
After that, we wandered through times square, and down towards herald
square and Macy's. I wanted to make sure jeff saw the highlights. We
went up the empire state building even though it was a little foggy
and rainy- we still saw a lot. And sort of dried off, since it had
been raining all day.
We kept walking towards 23rd, and got lunch at a little cafe near the
flatiron building. And then... We just kept walking! Union Square,
then NYU, then soho. We hit Canal Street and started to get tired. We
decided we'd go towards the bridge, Manhattan Bridge, to check it out.
Then it seemed like not much farther to walk a little ways on it so we
could see the Brooklyn Bridge and downtown (it was a long walk in the
end). We did get an awesome view of downtown (my old workplace), and
the bridge. Also saw some sweet graffiti.
We dragged ourselves back to the subway and on our journey north to
96th. We're going to get some refreshments and toilet paper (our
apartment rental had about a half roll when we arrived).

Next activity- figure out a good place for dinner. :) and rest a
little. This long subway ride is helping.

No comments: