Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DC in March

Jeff and I did the monuments today! On top of our other long walks,
our feet are pretty tired now for sure! After my info tech committee
meeting, we headed out for the Washington Monument. We had decided it
was going to be warm enough without coats, and that was the coldest
part of the day: up on the hill, with the wind whipping the flags. I
had a scarf and hat, and Jeff had just a tshirt! No complaints from
him, of course.
We wandered down by the white house- I peeked around for Sasha and
Malia's swingset but didn't see it.
We contemplated the Vietnam Wall and Lincoln Memorial, and then had a
cheap hot dog lunch. Jeff is good at saving money on trips (I am
terrible, but I'm learning).
We rounded the tidal basin and saw FDR and Jefferson memorials. Then
we were dead. We dragged ourselves onward, ended up at the Smithsonian
Castle for a rest. We made our way to the subway then.

I am about to see re closing ceremonies for NLC- Valerie Jarrett and
Janet Napolitano. Awesome! I am in the front row so I have a good view.

I'll upload pictures later- I took tons today!

No comments: