Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Colorado

We are heading back from our lovely trip. Jeff's family is super nice.
The family picnic/barbecue on Sunday was awesome. Jeff's grandpa is a
lot like Grandpa Byrle, with some Grandma Pat humor and sarcasm built
in.
It was fun to meet his college friends, too- one night with all the
married couples (four of them) and one with the single guys. ;) they
have funny stories about college and silky things they did. Jeff had
more of a traditional college experience. NYU is definitely different.
We made a two hour trip up into the mountains, up to Trail Ridge, at
12,000 feet. Pretty dang high! We stopped at one view point, it said
the parking are was 500 feet from the observation area. I think it was
the thin air that had me breathing a bit hard on the walk back.

Another highlight was going through Jeff's memento stuff that his mom
has stored away. Yearbooks, report cards, toys, class pictures... I
took his senior year portrait. I can think of some good places to
display that. He was a super cute kindergartener, had a spiky hair cut
from 3rd to 6th. And was a golfer all through high school. Never in
the yearbook in more than his mug shot and golf group pic. It reminds
me how important it is for my yearbookers to feature kids who won't be
in the book otherwise. So their girlfriend in ten years has something
entertaining to read.

I also got to see all his photo albums (very organized! Way more than
my family). Lots of family vacations, some camping and some funny baby
in the bath pix.

No comments: