Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Glacier

I made my obligatory visit to the Mendenhall Glacier again this year.
My new high school, Thunder Mountain is near there, so I meandered up
a different road than normal. It was a cool angle!
Now, I'm at the Triangle playing tricia. Same bartender as last year,
and same older couple at the other end of the bar. Just like diamond
knot. Wait- they really are an older couple in their 60's. (shut up
Marko)

Robert called me during my dinner- so nice to hear from him and gossip
about Sarah Palin as usual! I felt lilebi should talk a little quieter
about Palin, but I must admit that I have seen 5-6 Obama signs and
only one McCain sign. Oh, and I found a shop with "our mama beats your
Obama" shirts and "a woman's place is in Washington." (what does that
even mean? The reference to the kitchen/home doesn't fit that.
Stupid). However- the little salesgirl was getting a talking-to by an
older male German tourist from the cruise ship in town right now. He
seemed to think McCain was bad. And the salesgirl whispered, "I think
he's a mean guy, too."

No comments: